Ahhh detox, a word often hated. The word detox to me, isn’t just about health/fitness. It’s an overall detox of your life, especially when it’s around a new year. I have a feeling 2018 is going to be a great year, and with that I have come up with some Ways to Detox in 2018. These are things I am currently doing that are working for me and I wanted to share with all of you! I think detoxing your life is a great way to start off a new year. You’ll feel fresh and ready to begin the year! Let’s get into my tips!
Ways to Detox in 2018
- Get a planner and write everything in it! I personally love the Erin Condren Lifeplanners, but they are a bit pricey. There are many other planner options that are inexpensive and work the same. I write everything down in my planner. From homework, events, meals, tv shows, everything I need to know for the month and individual weeks. Planners are a great way to see your goals, and keep you organized.
- Get a notebook. This may be the same as a planner for some, but for me my notebook is filled with ideas, meal planning, shopping lists, etc. I keep a small notebook in my purse at all times. I’m always having to write things down so keeping a notebook handy also helps me be organized and not forgetful.
- Track your health. I recently received the Garmin Vivofit 3 Activity Tracker and I love it. It connects to an app you download onto your phone and it tracks your calories, steps, heart rate, etc. I love seeing how many steps I need for the day and when you reach your goal steps the screen says, “Goal!!!” with fireworks. It’s very motivating and actually makes me smile that I hit my target. For more review on the Garmin Vivofit 3 Activity Tracker, check out this review of The Best Fitness Trackers for 2018.
- Go on a 5 day detox! I just finished the Tone It Up 5 Day Detox and I feel amazing! Not only did I lose weight (5 lbs), but I feel so much lighter, leaner and stronger. The biggest change I noticed was that my energy levels are up. Every morning, I would wake up even more tired than the night before and since doing this detox, I wake up feeling super energized and ready for the day! It doesn’t have to be a juicing detox, I highly recommend the Tone It Up one because you’re eating foods that promote detox instead of drinking yucky juices. Those cleanses are never fun.
- Clean out your closet. I love to clean out my closet. I try to do this 2-3 times every year actually because I find that sometimes I’ll buy an item and only wear it once, I forget I have it, or I just end up hating it after purchase and the return date is too far gone. Cleaning out your closet can also have a huge positive effect on you. I feel so much better when I can actually see and know every item within my closet. Give it a try, detox your closet.
- Detox your life. This is my last tip, and is usually the hardest. What I mean by detox your life is, don’t stress so much, don’t surround yourself with negativity, take care of yourself, etc. The biggest thing for this is removing the negativity from your life. This can be a friend, coworker, even a family member. This can be hard, but you cannot surround yourself with negative people. They will only bring you down and make you feel bad.
Those are my 6 Ways to Detox in 2018! These are all things I am doing, and I have never felt better. 7 days in and I already feel 2018 is the best year ever! 2018 is the year to take care of yourself. It’s your year, so go for it. I hope you all enjoyed this post! Have a great new year!