This post may contain affiliate links. See https://theresamariedaily.com/about/ - affiliate disclosure policy for more info.
Veggie Chickpea Noodle Soup, what a mouthful right? Since cutting out meat from my diet, I’ve been looking for recipes similar to my traditional meals with meat replacements. I’ve always loved chicken noodle soup, so when I found this recipe I jumped right into my kitchen to make it! The chickpeas are a great replacement for the chicken. This soup is extremely easy to make and taste delicious! I hope you enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- Carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces wide noodles
- 2 15.5 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Large pot to cook in
What To Do:
- Heat you oil in the pot first for 2 minutes, then add in onion, carrots, and celery, cooking for about 10 minutes. Next, add your garlic, and cook that for another minute or so.
- Add 4 cups of vegetable broth, thyme, basil and pepper (only add salt if chickpeas and broth are unsalted), and bring to a boil, simmer covered for about 10 minutes.
- Add the last 4 cups of vegetable broth, and the noodles – cook until pasta is ready.
- Close the heat and stir in your chickpeas and parsley.
- Serve hot.
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe! This soup is absolutely delicious and is perfect for all my vegan/vegetarian friends! This has been my go-to soup all Fall, and will continue to be into the Winter! Thanks for reading!