This post may contain affiliate links. See https://theresamariedaily.com/about/ - affiliate disclosure policy for more info.
If you personally know me, then you know I absolutely love love love tacos. Sometimes though, tacos can be extremely heavy and unhealthy. I have found the solution to that and it’s Taco Peppers! I am so excited to share this recipe with you! It is my absolute new favorite thing to eat! They’re great the next day too for lunch! I hope you enjoy this post! Let’s get into the recipe!
- 4 Large Bell Peppers
- Shredded Cheese (I use cheddar)
- Buffalo or Hot Sauce (I prefer buffalo)
- Chili Powder
- Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
- Garlic Powder
- Your choice of filling: Chicken, Steak, Turkey, Ground Beef (I use Lean Ground Turkey)
- Optional Topings:
- Sour Cream
- More Shredded Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 400°
- Choose your Filing option and cook how you prefer with olive oil or cooking spray as base. (I use Lean Ground Turkey)
- Add chili powder, garlic powder and buffalo sauce to it
- Slice each bell pepper in half from top or in half from the side (I do both). Remove stem, seeds etc.
- Lay peppers on baking sheet
- Add filing, cheese, buffalo sauce to your peppers.
- Put in oven for 10-15 minutes, checking every couple of minutes to desired texture. (I made sure my filling got extra crispy)
- Once finished, take out and add lettuce, extra cheese (optional), more buffalo sauce, and your optional toppings!
- They will be extremely hot but eat right away for best taste!
- Use a knife and fork to cut!