This post may contain affiliate links. See https://theresamariedaily.com/about/ - affiliate disclosure policy for more info.
Do you ever wonder how to get that effortless wavy short hair ? I know I did, which is one of the reasons I chopped my hair. Short hair is so in. All the celebrities have the short cut and do the cute effortless waves. I finally have mastered the look and I am ready to share it with all of you! This look is super easy, effortless, and trendy! Follow along with me to achieve this look!
What You’ll Need:
- Hair brush
- Clip (to section hair)
- Dry Shampoo – I use the Batiste Dry Shampoo Original Scent (They do have dark colors for those with dark hair, which is what I should use but I never bought it lol)
- Heat Protectant – I use the TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Leave In Spray.
- 1 inch Straighter
What To Do:
- Start by applying dry shampoo to your roots and heating up your straighter.
- Then section off your hair (I do 3 sections, the first is shown in the picture above) 1st section is behind my ears, 2nd section is at my temples and the last section is the top layer of my hair.
- Spray your heat protectant (do this separately for each section to make sure it evenly distributes throughout your hair).
- Take your straighter and start on the front pieces of the 1st section. Take a piece of hair holding it in between the straighter, close the straighter and gently wrap the hair around it while pulling down and through, keeping the straighter closed. (I usually leave the ends straight)
- Do this for all 3 sections until all your hair is curled.
- Once finished let the curls cool for 5 minutes then, spray hairspray and tousle the hair with your fingers to “mess” it up.
I’m obsessed with this hair style! I love how effortless it is and how quick it takes me to do! I have tried this on my hair when it was longer so if you have long hair follow the same steps! Usually I will do this look on 3-7 day hair. I only wash my hair once a week so this is a great look when my hair is “dirty” which is why I add the dry shampoo. I hope you all enjoyed and I hope you all love this look as much as I do! Happy Sunday! Thanks for reading(: