This post may contain affiliate links. See https://theresamariedaily.com/about/ - affiliate disclosure policy for more info.
When it comes to summer you usually want to eat light dishes and food that will keep you “cool.” This lemon garlic chicken recipe is great for that! You can of course eat this dish all year round, but I personally like it more for those hot summer months. This dish is super easy to make and super delicious too! I hope you all enjoy this recipe. Let’s get into it!…
What You’ll Need:
Add more or less depending on how many people you are feeding
- 1 whole lemon
- Lemon & Pepper Seasoning
- Dish (I used this one shown, it is a glass dish)
- & of course Chicken
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Cut your lemon into slices and squeeze juice into dish. Then put lemons into a cup until used again later.
- Prep your chicken. I had to slice my chicken in half and cut off the fat. Once prepped place into dish.
- Cut your garlic into cloves as many as you want. Place cloves of garlic on the chicken.
- Add your lemon slices and remaining ingredients (parsley, basil & lemon pepper) to the chicken.
For seasoning add as much as you desire. I don’t measure how much I add; I just sprinkle it on until I think it’s enough.
Should look like this when fully prepared:
- Once fully prepared, you can place your chicken into the oven.
- Bake the chicken for 40 minutes total, 20 minutes on each side.
- Do this by timing 20 minutes and then flipping the chicken over for another 20 minutes.
- Once 40 minutes is up, take a knife and cut the chicken in half to ensure it is cooked all throughout.
Should look like this once done:
This dish is so delicious and really packed with flavor! I like to eat this dish with vegetables on the side like steamed broccoli, asparagus or brussel sprouts. The chicken is even great the next day to add into salads, which is what I always do! I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Have fun cooking this amazing summer dish!