This post may contain affiliate links. See https://theresamariedaily.com/about/ - affiliate disclosure policy for more info.
Thanksgiving, is not only about turkey and mashed potatoes, it’s actually about the expression of gratitude. Of course, turkey and mashed potatoes is a major plus. Well, not for me because I don’t eat meat, but you get the point.
Gratitude is the quality of being thankful. We all have things to be thankful for. For me, it’s my family, boyfriends, friends, health, and education. There’s a few others, but those are the main things. Sometimes, we can forget and not realize that we are being ungrateful. In order to prevent this, I’ve come up with a few ways you can practice Thanksgiving.
- Say thank you whenever someone helps you, offers to help you, and/or gives you something. This goes for every one, even when the bus boy at the diner gives you a glass of water.
- Make a list of what you’re grateful for. We can lose sight of the real reason for things, material items are nice but you shouldn’t be thankful for them, instead you should be thankful that you’re able to afford/have them.
- Tell your loved ones how much you appreciate them.
- Be kind to yourself and others.
- Enjoy the little things in life without stressing about the bigger things.