This post may contain affiliate links. See https://theresamariedaily.com/about/ - affiliate disclosure policy for more info.
Valentine’s Day is coming up and I’m getting so excited for it! I will not be going on a date, nor do I have a Valentine, but I still get super excited and love doing crafty and cute things for it! I’m one of those people who actually like receiving cards, even though the person who gave it to you didn’t write it, I just think they’re really special. Cards say the things that we can’t put into words. But, this year I decided I was going to make my own Valentine’s Day cards. Yes, DIY Valentine’s Day Cards! How cute does that sound!?
What You’ll Need:
Everything was bought from Michaels Stores – Art Supplies, Crafts & Framing
- Card stock paper + Small Scrapbook paper
- Glue stick
What To Do:
First how to Pop-Up:
- Cut a little bit of paper to be the pop-up piece (I did not measure this, I just cut as much as I thought. You want it to be hidden, but still big enough to work).
- Fold the paper so the edges overlap a little and then glue that in place.
- Glue the areas you are going to apply the pop-up and place down sticking your finger into the loop of the paper so that it doesn’t flatten.
I made 4 cards, 2 with big paper, and 2 with the small scrapbook paper
- Pick your pieces of paper you want to use and begin folding how you want the card to open.
- Decorate the card with stickers!
- Apply the outside pop-up (if using).
- Once your card is decorated, write your message to the recipient.
Didn’t these cards come out so adorable? I had so much fun making these for my friends and family! They’re super easy to do and look so cute! I love giving and receiving cards, and it’s even better when they’re handmade so I thought, why not make my own Valentine’s Day cards this year. I am seriously obsessed with how they came out! I hope you enjoyed this post and had so much fun making your DIY cards too! Happy Valentine’s Day and thanks for reading! 💗