Coconut is one of my absolute favorite foods. I love adding it to smoothies, pudding, yogurt, etc. One of my favorite things to have coconut on is shrimp! I’ve always loved coconut shrimp. It’s a really light dish that tastes amazing. I never thought of making it myself until I saw a recipe on Pinterest. It’s actually super easy to make too! So let’s get into the delicious recipe!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound Large Shrimp – I used precooked shrimp with no tails
- 1 cup Coconut Flakes – I used organic
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour – yes I’m aware it’s upside it’s because it’s in a ziploc bag lol
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Not Shown: 3 Bowls to separate ingredients, and a Cookie Sheet with nonstick Reynolds Wrap.
What To Do:
- If needed, take the tails off your shrimp.
- Not Shown: Preheat oven to 425F. If needed, grease your cookie sheet (I used nonstick Reynolds Wrap so I skipped that).
- In the first bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, your salt and pepper and set aside.
- Crack 2 eggs into the second bowl, beat and set aside.
- In the last bowl, combine 1 cup of flaked coconut and 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Dip the shrimp (one by one), into the flour, then the egg, and lastly coat with the coconut and breadcrumb mixture. (Make sure shrimp is completely covered)
- Place shrimp onto a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, making sure to turn your shrimp over at the halfway time.
See how easy it is to make these! This recipe doesn’t call for a sauce, but my family wanted one so they added Duck Sauce.
This recipe is so delicious, light and airy. It’s super easy to make too, as you can see. I hope you enjoyed this recipe post and if you recreate it let me know through social media!