*Cue Taylor Swift*
Today, is my 22nd birthday and I finally feel like I have experienced a lot that life has to offer. I know I am not old enough to fully say that yet, but I do think I can offer some valuable advice now. I don’t feel 22 though, to be honest I feel like I am still 21. When people ask you “do you feel older?” my response is usually no, because it’s just a number, but since turning 21 last year, I do feel older. I feel wiser, smarter, more confident, aren’t these all things that come with age?
I usually never post on Thursdays, my regular schedule has become weekends (Saturday, Sunday) only, but today is a special birthday post because I wanted to share 22 things i’ve learned by 22. Like I said, I think I can provide some valuable advice now.
Happy Birthday to me and anyone else sharing this birthday!
- Life isn’t always easy
- LOVE YOURSELF
- Trust your instinct
- NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO LIKE YOU
- Fight for what you love
- IT’S OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY
- Save your money
- IT’S OKAY TO WANT TO BE ALONE SOMETIMES
- You don’t always have to say yes
- TIME HEALS ALL
- Drink your wine
- DON’T FORGET YOUR MENTAL HEALTH
- Forgive but never forget
- TREAT YOURSELF
- Reading is good for the soul
- DON’T BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT YOU LOVE
- Who cares what people think about you
- NOT EVERY FRIEND WILL BE THERE FOREVER
- Take a lot of pictures
- YOUR MOM KNOWS YOUR TRUE FRIENDS BETTER THAN YOU
- Exercise is good for you, physically, mentally and emotionally
- DON’T EVER GIVE UP ON WHAT YOU LOVE
*My most important/most valued ones are bold.