I am so excited to be sharing this recipe with you today! This Tofu Cacciatore recipe is from the Tone It Up – Love Your Body Series 2018! Since becoming vegetarian, I’ve been searching for recipes that are meat-free and healthy. I love this one. It’s super easy to make, tastes great, and really fills you up! You can easily swap out the tofu for chicken and just cook it longer. Let’s jump into the recipe!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb of tofu (or chicken if not vegetarian)
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 yellow onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (optional – I did not add)
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, diced
What To Do:
- In a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil and tofu. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add onions, garlic and bell pepper to the tofu. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add white wine (if using). Cook for 5 minutes. *I skipped this step
- Finally, add diced tomatoes, dried thyme, and fresh parsley then, cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add any other spices you may want as well, i.e, garlic powder.
- Enjoy! Store the rest in a container for a few days.
This recipe is super easy and so delicious. I highly recommend trying this, and if you want use chicken instead of tofu! Obviously, cook the chicken longer than the tofu. I hope you all enjoyed! Thanks for reading (: Have a great week everyone!