College is the best and worst years of your life. You meet new people, take really difficult classes, move away from home (for some), and you have to learn new things about yourself that you would’ve never known. College is extremely intimidating and can be super stressful. Let me rephrase that, college is super stressful. I am in my second semester of junior year in college so I know how it feels, which is why I am writing this post. In this post, I’ll be giving my Tips for the College Student.
- Don’t be so afraid. College involves so much, but try not to be so afraid of what comes with it.
- Change is good. If you feel yourself changing, accept it. Don’t fight it.
- It’s okay to not be okay.
- If you fall out of love with your major, find out the root cause. It’s most likely just stress. Don’t change your major right away because you’re upset. You might regret it later.
- It’s okay if you don’t have a million friends. I commute to school so I know it is harder to make friends that way. When you dorm it’s easier because you’re with people constantly, but when you commute you most likely go to class and go home. Just try to find people in class and become friends with them. It’s not the end of the world, everyone is in the same boat as you, just say hi to someone.
- Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle. This is probably the hardest because everyone gains the freshman 15 lol. Just try to eat healthier and get a little exercise whenever you can. If you’re on a meal plan just look for the healthier options, there’s no reason to eat bad everyday. It’ll make you feel bad & unhappy.
- Try to stay organized! I have many blog posts on this – What To Do During The First Week of School, How To Cure Back To School Jitters, Back To School Clean Out, High School/College Tips, & How I Plan (Color Coding).
- Just be yourself.
College is definitely scary, but if you remain yourself and accept the change you’ll be okay. Be confident and you will succeed. I hope these tips and extra posts help you! Thanks for reading (: