My Summer makeup is definitely different from my everyday makeup in the Fall, Winter and Spring. I get really hot and do sweat a lot in the summer so when wearing a liquid foundation, no matter how much I set it, will melt right off. The solution to my problem is powder foundation. I never thought a powder would work for me because I have rosacea so I have an extremely hard time covering it up sometimes. I always figured it would show right through with a powder, but with this one it doesn’t. I’m super excited to share this with all of you so let’s get into the products!
Listed in order of use:
- Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base Moisturizer – The absolute best thing ever! Sometimes I wear this by itself!
- Benefit The POREfessional Face Primer – UNREAL! Instantly blurs the look of pores.
- it Cosmetics Celebration Foundation with SPF 50+ – My new fav for summer!
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer – Oldie, but goodie!
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – The greatest setting powder out there!
- Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer – Holy grail! (I use this for my cheeks and nose)
- Clinique True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer – I’ve been using this since high school! (I use this for my neck, and forehead)
- Tarte Blush and Glow Blush and Highlighter – My absolute favorite duo!
- it Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil – Another new fav of mine! IT Cosmetics is killing it!
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray – All time fav!
- Benefit They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara – The best mascara you’ll ever use!
During the summer I tend to wear no eyeshadow, maybe a little shimmer here and there, but I usually save eyeshadow for a night out with friends. Sometimes I won’t even use all these steps! On Sunday especially, I will just use #’s 1-3 & 9-11. This gives me a more natural “no makeup, makeup” look which is perfect for a Sunday. As for lips, like my eyeshadow I will only wear a lipstick or gloss if I’m going out for the night, otherwise chapstick with SPF is what I’ll be wearing.