Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone! 🍀
I am so glad to be back writing this post! Over the past week, I have been swamped with school work and midterms. School is something very important to me, but it took over my life and caused me to become super stressed not being able to post on my Instagram or Blog. Anyways, now I am back with a fun St. Patrick’s Day Cake Pop Recipe!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box cake mix (I used Vanilla)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Mixing bowl + mixer
- Cake pans
- 1 tub of frosting (I used Vanilla)
- 1/2 bag of Candy Melts (I used Green)
- Green food coloring (as much color as you like)
- Cake pop sticks
- Mixing bowl
- Bowl for candy melt
- Parchment lined baking sheet
What To Do:
- Set oven to temperature according to cake box and pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to box, and stir in your green food color. Bake as directed.
- Let cake cool completely, then break into pieces.
- Add in the frosting and mix until dough forms.
- Roll mixture into tablespoon sized balls, (I wasn’t able to form into balls until the dough was chilled for 30 minutes). Place the balls onto parchment lined baking sheet and chill for 1 hour.
- Melt your candy melts, and place your sprinkles into a tiny bowl for easier application.
- Place the sticks into the cake balls and then gently pour the candy melt over the cake, coating completely, top with sprinkles.
- Repeat until all cake pops are done.
- Store in refrigerator, up to 3 days.
These cake pops are super easy to make and taste amazing! I am obsessed with Starbucks cake pops so I knew one day I would have to make my own. Of course, these do not look as pretty as Starbucks ones, but I am no professional here, just a college girl who loves to bake and blog. I hope you enjoyed this post! Happy St. Patrick’s Day! 🍀