Self love is something I find to be super important. You have to love yourself first before anyone else can. I know it can be hard sometimes because we see flaws in ourselves. But, everyone has flaws. No one is perfect. All we can do is be the best version of ourselves always. I am in no way an expert on self love or mental health, but I have found ways that help me improve my self love. This post is going to be my Simple and Easy Ways to Improve Self Love. These 5 tips have helped me and I think they’ll help you too!
- Go for a walk by yourself or with a friend. Walking is not only great for physical health, but your mental health as well. Walking, especially on a beautiful sunny day will open your mind. You’ll experience a sense of calmness and relaxation which will keep positive thoughts flowing through your mind.
- Face masks/spa day! This is honestly my favorite way to improve my self love. I do a face mask 1-2 times, sometimes even 3 times a week. I’ve always had good skin, but I have some bumps, which is called “chicken skin” that have always made me a little self conscious. Doing a face mask or having a spa day always gives me more confidence, especially when I see my radiant skin after! My favorite inexpensive face masks!
- This one goes with number 2, get a mani/pedi. I get a gel manicure every 2 weeks and by that second week before I get them redone I lose some confidence because I think my hands look ugly. After I get them redone I feel so much more confident. A good manicure always makes me feel better.
- Read a good book or read the Bible. A little self reflection through God is always good. Or just cuddle up with your favorite book. Reading can take your mind to a place of calm and you’ll feel secure.
- Have a movie marathon with Netflix! This is one of my favorite things to do! You would think staying in bed and watching movies would make you feel more sad, but it actually gives me time alone and gets me out of my head causing me to feel better!