Eggplant Parm is a great alternative for those who do not eat meat! I think it’s so good and actually pretty easy to make! Let’s get right into the recipe! I hope you enjoy this post!
*My family (4 people including me) was eating this for dinner, that’s why there is so much. Feel free to make less if you are just 1.
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Tomato Sauce (homemade or jar)
- Olive Oil
- Pasta (for a side)
- Onion (for sauce)
- Oregano (for sauce)
- Take a big pot and add in a little olive oil, chopped onion and garlic and a tiny bit of basil and oregano.
- Let that sauté.
- Add in Prego Traditional Jar sauce.
- Let that cook.
- While you start your sauce, put a pot of water on for the pasta.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Take a square deep pan (big enough for your eggplant parm) and add a tiny bit of sauce to the bottom.
- Grate your Pecorino Romano cheese and add it to pan with the sauce.
- Begin cutting your eggplant into circles.
- Crack 1 egg into a bowl. Dip just one side of the eggplant into the egg and lay it on top of sauce in pan (have the egg side faced up).
- Sprinkle some breadcrumbs onto the eggplant.
- Add a tiny bit of sauce and cheese again on top of eggplant.
- Begin cutting your fresh mozzarella. Place mozzarella on top of eggplant.
- Add more sauce.
- Continue steps 10 – 15 again till you run out of eggplant and the pan is full.
- When done preparing, put in the oven for at least 40 minutes.
- Add in your pasta and let that cook (I used medium shells).
- Take eggplant out of oven and let that cool for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Should Look Like This When Done:
*** NEW BLOGGING SCHEDULE STARTING ON SATURDAY APRIL 1ST!!! I WILL NOW BE POSTING ON WEDNESDAY, SATURDAY, AND SUNDAYS ONLY. I AM A COLLEGE STUDENT AND FINALS ARE COMING UP SO I NEED EXTRA TIME TO WORK AND STUDY FOR THOSE. THIS WILL BE MY NEW BLOGGING SCHEDULE. THANK YOU. ****