Hi loves! I don’t know about you, but I am so obsessed with taking baths and anything bath related! I recently came across a recipe on pinterest for DIY sugar scrubs. I love sugar scrubs and exfoliating my skin! I made holiday themed ones during Christmas time for my family and they loved them so I thought I would do a Spring themed one with Lavender and share it with all of you! I hope you all enjoy this post!
What You’ll Need:
- Granulated Sugar
- Coconut Oil
- Lavender Oil
- Jars to hold your scrub
- Measuring cup (I used a tiny ¼ cup)
- Bowl to mix
- Spoon to mix
- Food coloring
- Plastic wrap to cover jars (or any other type of bag for decoration, I always use clear)
- Ribbon to tie around bag and jar
What To Do:
- Clean Jars with hot water and soap
- Measure out ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- Pour sugar into a mixing bowl
- Pour your lavender oil into bowl with the sugar (4-5 drops, depending on how strong you want you can add more)
- Measure out ¼ cup of coconut oil
- Melt coconut oil for 30 seconds in microwave
- Pour coconut oil into mixture
- Mix all the ingredients
- You might have to add more coconut oil to your mixture. You don’t want the scrub to be super oily but you also don’t want it to be super dry. Add more if needed or to your liking*
- Pour scrub into your jar
- Optional: Decorate Jar (I usually do when I give them as gifts)
If you are making more than one repeat all the steps until you have all your scrubs complete (I made 4 sugar scrubs so I repeated the steps 3 more times after the first one.
How To Use:
You can use the sugar scrubs in the bathtub or in the shower. I prefer to use them in the bathtub but they work in both situations. Sugar Scrubs are meant for exfoliating the skin. I would recommend only using this product on your arms, legs, and underarms for it can be hard on softer skin. Do not use on your face (they make sugar scrubs for face use those for they are specified for the face).
Example: Shaving Legs
- Apply a generous amount to your legs
- Using your hand or a loofa rub the scrub all over your leg. (This will exfoliate your legs, making it easier to shave).
- Rinse off the scrub with soap and water
- Begin shaving
Benefits of Lavender
Lavender is actually very beneficial. It helps with more things than anyone would ever think. Lavender for me is what I use when I am nervous or anxious. It helps calm me down and get me relaxed. I also use it on nights when I can’t sleep. I have horrible sleeping problems so I will take my oil and put it on my temples, wrists, neck and feet before going to bed sometimes and I can honestly say it helps me sleep so much better. Here are some benefits to lavender.
- Lavender helps alleviate anxiety
- Promotes restful sleep
- Encourages hair growth
- Helps against common skin and nail conditions
- Supports blood circulation
- Promotes comfort
- Assists with skin-related disorders
- Helps with nervous stomach irritations
- Also it smells amazing
I love doing DIY’S! Sugar scrubs are one of my favorite bath products to use. I hope you all enjoyed this post! Let me know if you try this diy! Contact me on any of my socials with your recreations!
Stay Connected With Theresa Marie Daily on social media: