Ahhh I’m so excited to be sharing this Candy Egg Easter Cake with you all! Easter is one of my favorite holidays! It also means Spring is here! I wanted to get this recipe up a week early to give you time to create it for your Easter celebration. My family goes out for dinner on Easter, but we stay home and have a huge Italian dinner on Palm Sunday (today), which is when we ate this beautiful, and delicious cake. This cake is actually very simple and easy to make! Follow along with me below to see how I created it!
What You’ll Need:
- Cake Mix – I did one box of chocolate cake and 1 box of vanilla cake (to make 2 layers, and any extra I turned into cupcakes)
- Frosting – I used vanilla frosting, but you can totally use chocolate as well!
- Candy Melts – I used the vanilla flavor ones in the colors, lavender, yellow, blue and pink.
- Icing – I matched the colors with the candy melts listed above
- Cake pans
- Silicone egg molds – mine have little bunnies on them too, so cute!
- Mixing Bowl + ingredients from cake mix
What To Do:
- Preheat oven according to cake box.
- Mix ingredients for your cakes, and bake as directed.
- Melt your candy melts and place into the egg molds, then put them in the or freezer refrigerator so they can harden.
- Once cake is cooled, frost your bottom layer, then place second layer on top and frost that.
- Place your candy egg molds onto the top of the cake in a circle going around on the edge, then another circle around the middle of the cake.
- Take your colored icing, using the star edge, pipe some stars in between the candy egg molds and on the side of the cake going around in a circle.
This cake is honestly the most beautiful cake I have ever made. I am so happy with how it turned out and it tastes amazing! I hope you all enjoyed this post and thanks for reading! Happy Palm Sunday and Happy Easter! 🐰💐🥚🍰