Hi loves! Today’s post is all about my favorite soup! It’s a butternut squash soup! This recipe is amazing for those cold weather days. I am someone that loves texture in my soup, I don’t like creamy soups they just freak me out lol. That’s why, besides the taste I love this soup so much! This recipe is great cold or warm, but I prefer it to be warm. Enjoy!
Recipe: makes 2 servings
½ cup lentils (I’ve used canned and bagged, both work! Whatever you prefer)
½ yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 cup butternut squash
1 tsp olive oil
3 cups vegetable broth
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp salt
Add any other spices you like!
*I bought precut- cubed squash, highly recommend thawing it out first, for it will take a while to get soft*
What To Do:
- Over medium heat, take a large pot with olive oil, onions and garlic.
- Sauté those for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the chili powder, butternut squash, salt and other spices.
- Sauté this for another 3 minutes.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients (Vegetable broth, and lentils).
- Heat pot to a boil then reduce to simmer and cover.
- Cook until lentils and butternut squash are soft.
- Continually check and stir.
- Try to chop the squash during every stir.
- Eventually it will become a chunky texture.
- Serve when done.
*Feel free to blend the soup if you want it to be a creamy soup!*
*It is a strange color, but thats because butternut squash is and orange/yellow color. I promise it tastes delicious!*
Thank you for checking in! I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Leave me a comment below letting me know your favorite soup! I would love to know if you try making this as well!