Now that the temperatures have significantly cooled down, it’s time to swap your warm weather recipes for some cold weather ones. The last recipe I did was for my Veggie Chickpea Noodle Soup. As you can tell, I’m a fan of the cold weather recipes. In this post, I’m going to be sharing this amazing Black Bean Lentil Quinoa Chili (Crock Pot) Recipe.
What You’ll Need:
These are the measurements for this recipe, I didn’t exactly measure my ingredients. I did as much as I felt I wanted.
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped.
- 1 cup Baby Carrots, sliced.
- 4 cups Tomatoes, chopped.
- 2 (15oz) cans, Black Beans, rinsed and drained.
- 1 cup Brown Lentils, dry
- 1/2 cup Quinoa, uncooked.
- 1 cup Corn, frozen.
- Vegetable Broth – 6 cups.
- 1 tbsp Coriander
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 3 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
What To Do:
- Chop your veggies and throw all of your ingredients into your crock pot and stir.
- Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours (it will turn from a soupy mixture into the chili texture by the end of the cook time).
- Serve hot, add your toppings, and enjoy. (I added sharp cheddar cheese on top of mine while it was hot so the cheese would melt, and threw on some lettuce).
I’ve never been a chili person, but since cutting meat out of my diet I’ve been trying all new recipes. This chili is so delicious. I’ve eaten it 2 days in a row for lunch. I hope you all enjoyed this recipe! Thanks for reading!
This recipe has been adapted from Colorful Recipes.
Want to try this recipe but you don’t have a crockpot? Shop some below: