When you’re an “on the go” person, breakfast can be really hard. I know from experience that occasionally, I have to eat in my car while I’m driving to class. It just happens that way sometimes. The best on the go breakfast is always muffins. Yes, they can be messy, but they taste so delicious and can be super filling. Today’s recipe is going to be on these Baked Banana & Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins. I found this recipe from This Pinterest Pin and This Recipe so I decided to recreate it with my own personal liking! Now let’s finally get into the recipe!
What You’ll Need: Substitute any of these ingredients if needed.
- 3 cups Rolled Oats or Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup – I used Aunt Jemima Pancake Syrup
- 1 cup mashed Bananas (2 bananas)
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Milk – I used vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips – I used mini dark chocolate morsels
- Not Shown: Muffin Pan, 2 Medium Bowls, Whisk, Ice-Cream Scooper, Cooking Spray, Measuring Cup, and a Teaspoon.
What To Do:
- Not Shown: Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine the rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Crack 2 eggs into another medium bowl and whisk together the maple syrup, mashed banana, and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the milk and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients (Step 3) into the dry ingredients (Step 2) and stir until all the oats are covered.
- Slowly stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and divide the oatmeal mixture into the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Finally, let cool for 5 minutes and top with maple syrup.
These muffins are super easy to make, fun and taste amazing! They resemble a Chewy Bar, due to the soft texture. They’re perfect for on the go and will fill you up, keeping you satisfied. If you recreate these send them to me via social media!
Stay Connected With Theresa Marie Daily on social media: